Leading media holding company in Russia in the audience, revenues and efficiency. Consistent growth of capitalization and maximal cash-flow to the shareholders
- Creation, distribution and monetizing of the entertainment content in all user environments
- International partnerships involving best global practices
- Participation in forming and increasing the efficiency of the main elements of the market ecosystem
- Structuring the market of distributing and monetizing professional content in the digital area
- Maximizing the effect of synergy between assets
- Social responsibility
- Innovative thinking
- Greatest talents
- High-quality portfolio of assets
- Great experience of managing media in Russia
- Unique partnerships with international media holding companies
National Media Group was created by joining media assets of AB ROSSIYA OJSC, Aleksey Mordashov, Surgutneftegaz OJSC and Sogaz security group.
The holding company is a leader in the television segment due to acquiring shares in Channel One and REN television channels and STS-Media media holding company. The holding is also part of the radio broadcasting segment due to including in the assets the leading news radio station RusskayaSluzhbaNovostey.
The group is strengthening its presence in the print media segment. The popular regional newspaper Metro-Peterburgwas acquired and the share in the federal newspaper Izvestia was increased.
The holding company is entering the television and cinema content production market due to acquiring a share in the Art Pictures Vision motion picture company.
A strategic alliance was forged with Discovery Communications on managing the Russian-language channels of the Discovery group (11 channels including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet andEurosport).
The holding company is increasing its presence in the subscription television segment. Russian channels of the Viasat group (15 channels including TV 1000 Russkoye Kino, TV 1000, TV Action, Viasat History) and the Turner corporation (the news channel CNN, children's Cartoon Network and Boomerang channels) were acquired. The presence in the print media segment was increased – in March, 2016 NMG acquired 25% of shares of Sport-Express CJSC.
In March 2017 National Media Group conducted a transaction of acquiring 100% of shares of AmberData – a leading Russian technological data management platform for the aggregation of depersonalized information about users on the internet.